Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Confirmation That Love Is All Around

Over past couple of months there has been one recurring theme to me as myself and two close friends travel across this amazing country of ours. To me this theme is the inherent goodness of man (or woman if you want to get PC about it). I have personally never done much traveling outside of my Albertan bubble and had never really wanted to for that matter, not because I was ignorant to the rest of the world's existence but because I perceived myself to be happy enough in my day to day life that travel wasn't really necessary to look for something I hadn't realized I lost. After a lot of thinking time on this topic however (you have nothing but time to think when you ride a bicycle for 8 hours a day) I realized I had lost something in the dull routine of my particular day to day. I had lost my passion for exploration, my energy flow as it were, or as a very interesting group of people we met just the other day had put it, I had lost my synchronicity. Where for no reason at all a chain of events that may appear completely random as they are happening, are all conspiring together to lead you in a certain direction at just the appropriate time to meet a certain person or take you to a certain destination where your mind and heart start to expand to ingest this information and energy as it were to bring us to the realization of LOVE. This may sound cheesy and corny but there is not any other way I can describe the utter elation I feel when meeting these incredible people, listening to there stories of life and experience and sharing our own. Being in the moment and truly listening to what these people have to say, and almost feeling (even though you had just met this person) like you have known them all your life. Like catching up with an old friend you hadn't seen in years.

It has always been a dream for me to see the rest of Canada, I had never contemplated how I was going to do it and now could not imagine doing it any other way than on a bicycle. It is a ton of hard work and there had been many times in the early going, when if not for my two great travel companions I would have tucked tail and headed for home. Saying this is too hard, I can't do this. I think because it is so hard is what makes it so rewarding, knowing the universe is conspiring in your favor to help you succeed (even if you are not) sending exactly the right people at the right times to help guide you on your way, to give the good  'ol pep talk as it were to push forward and carry on with your dreams, to truly affirm what you are doing is special and will help in any way necessary,  to help you complete your personal legend and dreams. LOVE is all around us! all we have to do is open our minds as well as our hearts to every moment to see it. I finish this post with a quote that I read yesterday which I believe speaks of how truly connected we all are and all we have to do is wake up and recognize it. Here goes.................

"There is no such thing as a 'self made' person.We are made up of thousands of others! Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success" -George Matthew Adams
In closing i guess what I'm trying to say is THANK-YOU EVERYONE for being who you are, helping in what ever way you can, and contributing to the greater good for every one's sake.  God Bless

-Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment